BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

on January 28, 2011
Full Disclosure: I sampled numerous Taylor guitars in my local guitar shop for years, I participated in a Taylor Guitars factory tour in 2009, and I purchased a Taylor guitar at the conclusion of that tour. I absolutely love my Taylor GS-K.

So, I was very intrigued when I learned Bob Taylor was writing a book. I pre-ordered it on Amazon and waited. While I cooled my heels I learned more. I heard that it wouldn't be a typical book for brand or hobby fans, it would have a business flavor. But it wouldn't be a typical "how I did it" business tome. Well, what would it be then?

When GUITAR LESSONS arrived, I tore into it and completed it in 3 nights. It took a minute to get used to the style and direction - it is mildly off-beat, in a good way. In fact, as I read more, I learned that the writing is, in fact, exactly ON target. It IS Bob Taylor. It is just as unique as he is, and, once you warm to his style, it becomes comfortable. We get to know Bob just a little.

In an nutshell, I describe the book as a passionate engineer and craftsman writing his version of a business book. Bob's style is to tell stories and share lessons learned - all while heavily infusing our journey with his passion for building and enhancing guitars.

Or, maybe it is an engineering autobiography, focused on the process and product.

Who will enjoy this book? Luthiers, musicians, business people, entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, and more. While easy to read and understand, it is as rich and complicated as its author. The more I think of it, this might be why I describe the book as "off-beat". Bob Taylor has managed to weave a complex and meaningful business and life, capture it in a book, and make it easy and fun to absorb.

Well done!
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?