Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 19, 2014
Here’s why you should buy this book: People like Jason Good deserve to get paid to be professional writers. This guy is funny—absolutely—but he’s also modeling what it’s like to be a good human being (and we need more of that these days). He’s a loving dad with a great sense of humor, an understanding husband who doesn’t undervalue his partner. As someone who has been a parent for nine years, myself, I’ve found that family life can be summed up perfectly with Good’s own words: “…even suffering is kind of fun when we do it together.”

From travel tips to games that might let you nap, creative cursing to things he’ll miss when his kids grow up, the reasons why he’s fat now to the many uses of baby wipes, and the made-me-cackle-out-loud kindergarten spelling section, he’s making himself the malleable victim of his jokes, without making himself look a fool—or like a bad dad. In this book? Everybody wins.

Jason Good’s book was a fresh, fun read that reminded me I’m not alone in either my kid-induced madness or adoration of the little ones who make me that way. I can’t wait to read whatever he writes next.
11 comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?