Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 5, 2012
Monopoly Millionaire is similar to Monopoly in a lot of ways - you move pieces around the board, buy property, collect rent, etc. However Monopoly Millionaire adds some new game elements that make the game a little more strategic and a little more fun. If you land on a property it must either be bought (by you) or go up for auction. Whenever a property goes up for auction, some bidding strategy can come into play - you can bid up the price, you can get a property for cheap, etc. Also, every property has a Fortune card at the beginning. Fortune cards throw in such curveballs as being able to steal another player's property, get a free house, and other twists and turns.

The goal of Monopoly Millionaire is to get to a million dollars first. I like that there's a set goal (so that the game doesn't last forever) and it definitely alters game play strategy. I found myself planning a property take-over and house expansion based on my Fortune cards. Another player would bid up the price of a property for auction "just because."

Overall, I really had a lot of fun playing Monopoly Millionaire. I think the new features give it a bit more "suspense" and a little more player interaction. I thought the changes were enough to make the game more interesting but not so much that I forgot this was a game of Monopoly.

I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own.
11 comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?