Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 14, 2012
Technically, I can't call myself a "professional" photographer because I've never personally sold my work-- though as a graphic designer and Advertising/Marketing Manager, my work has indeed been utilized professionally.

I have been an avid and artistic photography amateur for decades, starting with the Canon AE-1 Program that I received as a wedding gift way back in 1983. (Amusingly, it was a gift from my new brothers-in-law at the behest of my new husband, but it was I who wielded it from Day One until it finally gave up the ghost some 20 years later. I clung to that camera longer than I did that husband.)

The T3i exceeds all of my expectations. The Program mode is super convenient and superbly intuitive for times when I don't feel like futzing around with settings--like when my college-aged kids recently visited me for Winter Vaca here in Puerto Rico. But when I'm scouting on my own with both tripod and time on my hands, I have every customizable bell & whistle I could ever want immediately at hand. Nikon's good, no question, but Canon's utility and lenses rock.

All of that said, after considerable research I knew that I wanted the T3i (more affordable but in every way that matters equally as functional as the pricier Canon models) well before I ran across Cameta Camera on Amazon. All I can say is that they offered not only the best kit prices that I found, but also a uniquely diverse range of kits to suit any enthusiast's particular needs.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.