Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT an Apexis camera - they're selling EasyN knockoffs, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Wireless Infrared Motion Night Vision Network Color Camera w/Pan & Tilt Control, Microphone (Personal Computers)
I was extremely disappointed when I received my shipment, as this was obviously not the camera I ordered.
What I received was in totally different packaging (see the photo I uploaded) and the camera's housing was made with a much cheaper process (see the side-by-side comparison photo I uploaded).
I figured, maybe they're the same on the inside... NOPE.
This camera is much lower quality than the one they advertize. The picture is much grainier and fuzzier, the color saturation at medium light levels is absolutely horrible, and the automatic IR illumination has very few stages... it's essentially either on or off (unlike the real Apexis, which has an impressive progressive illumination). You can clearly see all of this from the two screenshots I uploaded, one from a real Apexis (bought via Amazon from another vendor), the other from this EasyN device.
The sad part is, not only is it a different brand, the part number is nothing remotely close to what they list on the product page, it's FS-613A-M136, not APM-J011-WS.

Edit: There was only one good thing I can say about this transaction, Amazon's (Prime) shipping was incredibly fast... I received it on Saturday and didn't expect it until Monday.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2012 6:37:22 AM PDT
RC says:
Which retailer did you buy from, which was selling EasyN-branded cameras instead?

SunMall, EznSmart, ElectricKing, BetterStuffLowerPrice, TopBundle, etc?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 5:19:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 5:40:22 PM PDT
Kevin Burtch says:
Edit: The seller was corrected, thanks to R.C.

The seller in my purchase history that sent the different brand is "E-Bundle".

The good/real one I bought was from Geeks via Amazon. In fact I just ordered 2 more of the wireless variants from Geeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2012 5:35:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012 5:37:17 PM PDT
RC says:
Your review is attached to this product page, NOT a specific seller. SunMall gets top-billing only because they're CURRENTLY the cheapest seller, but I don't know if that was true when you ordered yours. When I select a different seller, and the page is updated to say "Ships from and sold by us.electricking.", your review still appears on the page.

amazon .com/gp/product/B003VPCHKM/?smid=A3M45RRB3SA964

I was hoping you would look at your Amazon order history, as it should clearly say which merchant sold it (it could well be SunMall, but it could be another company as well). But thanks for the info in any case.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 5:38:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 5:41:31 PM PDT
Kevin Burtch says:
Thank you very much for that clarification - I was unaware of this (this was my first product review on Amazon). When I searched for J011, I found various ads from different sellers, which is why I thought each one had their own.

You are correct - the seller in my purchase history was "E-Bundle".
I've also edited my previous post to reflect this.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 6:45:56 PM PDT
RC says:
Thanks for the info. I've contacted most of the sellers directly, and written a review of my own with their responses. E-Bundle was one of several which didn't reply, so now I've noted this in my review as well. In short, none of the sellers has said they're selling legitimate Apexis cameras, but I'll wait a few days longer before I assume that none of the rest care to actually answer.

Geeks.com is a good seller, and I've bought plenty of items directly from them, (rather than thru amazon). It's just unfortunate that they are a bit more expensive for this item.

Thanks again.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 8:11:43 PM PDT
I also ordered an Apexis J011 through Amazon's vendor, USAHITEC and received a cheaper EasyN 136, instead.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2013 3:01:55 PM PDT
Does anyone know where I can currently p[urchase the Apexis version of the camera? Geeks is out of stock, and I ordered from Betterstuff, and e bundle both sent Easy_N camera's

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I have one APexis interfaced camera, and desire 2 more.

Posted on Apr 5, 2014 9:20:56 AM PDT
Did you get your money back for the one you purchased - but did not like?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›