Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Center of Attention, great watch!, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Casio G-Shock GA100B-7A Big Case Limited Edition White Men's Watch (Watch)
To start off, I ordered this on a saturday evening, and received it via UPS on Tuesday around 7:00PM, and that was one-day shipping.
Anyways, the watch has some really cool functions, and looks amazing. I've owned $20 watches at Walmart/Meijer stores, Rolex, Omega, and I've recently been using an iPod Nano 6 with a white Nanotch(tm) watchband. The G-Shock has a white matte finish, and if you're a student, or someone working at a cubicle and writes a lot, then it is a possibility that you could smear graphite (from the pencil or ink from pen) onto the watch, but you could wash it off with soap and water.

This watch is based off timezones to calculate the time, and it comes with a manual (timezones are at the last pages). The manual is in English, Spanish, and French I think b:
The hands move around based on what the digital display reads; you can turn on and off daylight saving time too. (Watch arrives in EST, NYC.) We all know that the watch is waterproof, shock-proof, anti-magnetic, so I don't really need to say anything an those topics. You can change the backlight duration from 1.5sec - 3 sec, and it is pretty cool. There's military time (24HR digital display) and the normal time (12HR) with a little PM that is in the top left corner of the left display, when it's the afternoon. It has a really accurate stopwatch, with laps and a split. (Great for running and you don't have to be worried when it rains, unless you have your phone) There's a timer, which for some reason, only goes up to 24 minutes... you can adjust the duration. (You can set it to one time run/alarm, or a constant loop until you turn it off).
There are 26 world times; I have mine to London, and it works GREAT. (Takes like 2 seconds to calculate but I'm fine with that) It has 4 alarms; you press reverse or forward to stop them, a snooze (Like a wake-up alarm) and you press either reverse or forward to snooze it. Will come back on in like 3 mins, but you have to turn it off and on again to stop it.)
There's an option to turn on hourly chime which beeps twice at every hour. You press reverse to turn on the backlight, and hold it down for 3 seconds to enable the auto-light when you tilt the watch 45°. The left circle on the upper half of the watch displays whether snooze, alarm, auto-light, or hourly chime is on. The middle has something to do with the stopwatch, you can see some accuracy in the timing (I guess xD) and the right circle... This I'm clueless on, but I think it also has to do with the stopwatch and stuff :).
The hour nobs are "glow-in-the-dark", and, unfortunately, the hands don't have an illuminating tab on them. The lower left display shows the time in digital form, press forward and it shows the date. The bottom right screen shows the day (eg: Mon as in Monday) and below it is the seconds. (Btw the hands are SUPER precise when they point at the little lines like for example, it is 1:00 or 13:00. The hands point exactly where they should be, and when the seconds reach around 30 seconds, the minute hand moves a tiny notch! Then, when it's 1:01 or 13:01, it points normally.) The contrast on this watch is really nice; I've gotten tons of compliments... some of my friends are even jealous! This is my first G-Shock and I'm not disappointed! I LOVE the double-clasp band, doesn't seem like it will come loose, the buttons have a nice texture, and I learned how to operate this watch in about 5 minutes (I was CLUELESS when I first got it, lol) The manual helps, and I HOPE my review helped you too! Relatively fast shipping, great watch, beast looks, best $100 I spent! This watch is part of the Japan Movement, and is housed/cased in China (I don't care where it was manufactured :D) and I'm simply just impressed... the dial is pretty big, and it it looks beautiful. If you have any questions please ask! I will hopefully respond quickly :)

UPDATE NOVEMBER 2013: After using this watch for more than a year (Sept 29, 2012) I can say it's still working fine! Battery life is (supposedly) 2 years... I don't have any battery problems with mine! However, the paint is starting a chip slightly. I've gone snorkeling/scuba diving, dropped it many times off high places, FROZE MY WATCH, and many more rigorous tests... this thing is a tank! Some dirt and grime is starting to build up around the strap; it has a slight brown tint from my use. I don't use auto-light at all really, and the snooze is somewhat quiet... so don't use this as a primary alarm clock!

I love the stopwatch. It's so freaking usefull and goes to the thousandths of a second! (ex: 12.345 seconds) Hopefully I will post a picture on this page to show what it looks like after all this time!

[Add comment]