Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon January 5, 2012
I finally replaced my old hand-me-down Conair dryer with this John Frieda dryer, and it has been like night and day!

The significant differences are:

- faster drying - I am pretty busy so I often find myself needing dry hair ASAP (to pick my kid up, to head outside, etc.). I haven't timed how long it takes to dry my past-shoulder length hair, but it is definitely under 5 minutes, and fast enough for me to do what I need to do.

- leaves my hair in better condition - I always winced at using my old hairdryer because I knew I was damaging my hair in the process. I've had chronic dry hair issues and my old dryer left my hair flying every which way. I used to dry my hair only partially to lessen the damage. This dryer hasn't erased my dry hair issues completely but my hair is noticeably softer and I don't worry the way I used to about using it on my hair.

- leaves my hair better looking - This was the biggest surprise of all. I have had such problems with my hair that I had simply resigned myself to the fact that my hair is hard-to-control. My hair is past shoulder length as mentioned, and layered. With my old dryer I absolutely needed to style my hair if I wanted to look presentable. I've spent so much money over the years trying out different brushes, rollers, etc. I could never simply wash, dry and go because with my old dryer my layers always ended up sticking out rather than curving in, and my hair would not hold any style without significant work. I was honestly shocked the first time I used the John Frieda dryer - my hair fell into a very flattering shape after 2-3 minutes of drying. I don't use a brush, don't use any of the attachments, nothing. I just dry about 90% of the way and my hair looks great. It's too bad that a month before I found this I'd already invested in a set of steam rollers. Now I won't be needing any of those tools.

The noise level is normal for a hairdryer. I would not say it is quiet but it is not annoyingly loud. It is also quite manageable and easy to hold. I'm petite (small wrist) and I was afraid this would be a bit unwieldy, but it is lightweight enough to use without feeling at all flimpsy or cheap.

The only fault I have found so far is the positioning of the buttons, right where my hand holds the dryer. For this reason I keep accidentally switching the air from hot to cold without wanting to. But it's a minor point given all the other advantages.
0Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?