Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 6, 2011
I wanted a full body protection for my iPad2 & the magnetic cover that Apple came out with didn't look like it provided much protection. I had some reservations about ordering this cover but now I'm sure I made the right purchase. I've done some moderate research on all of the up & coming 3rd party covers for the iPad2 & this one seemed to provide the best protection as well as good form & function. The flap cover has magnets & it works as far as turning the iPad2 off & on. The leather is still a bit stiff (since it's new) so mine doesn't line up perfectly with the internal magnets in the iPad2. Sometimes I have to give it a small nudge so the magnets align so it will turn off. I didn't know that the cover had a magnets so this was an extra surprise. I'm not sure if this will loosen up eventually. One thing you should be aware of is that when you completely flip the cover all the way back so that the magnets are on the back side, it actually puts the iPad2 in sleep/off mode. I thought I had a faulty iPad because it turned off when I was reading or surfing the web but it was actually the magnets.

About the only nick pick I have is that the leather on the top part is not completely flat. When I turn on the camera for Photobooth or FaceTime part of the leather can be partially seen so I have to push it down to get it out of the way. Again, when the leather eventually softens up this may or may not be an issue. If I can add one thing it would be a stylus holder. I do some sketching and handwriting so it would be nice to have a small holder for that.
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?