Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on January 28, 2013
I've seen Kevin Sorbo in at least two other movies, and enjoyed each of them a LOT. But, unfortunately, Abel's Field wasn't a movie I grew to like. I kept watching, waiting to grow attached to the characters or the story plot...but couldn't. The idea behind the story was a good one, but sadly it just wasn't done very well--with the story plot, screen writing, and even some of the actors.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that Abel's Field was a Christian film. And while there a few times when Abel is seen in a field in what we assume is prayer, there isn't much praying until the very end when Seth finally prayers for God to fix everything And, above all that, I just couldn't grasp what kind of town/church/friends would let this young boy try to raise two little girls on his own. I mean, he was only 17! I would have thought the state would be all over this case. And it just didn't seem realistic that Seth could leave the two girls alone for such long lengths of time---he was working 3 jobs at one time!

As for mature themes, there wasn't much that I feel like I need to mention. The romance between Seth and Katie was sweet and cute. Katie's outfits were rather low and revealing in a few shots, but what surprised me the most was the plunging neckline the elderly lady at the convenience store wore. In my opinion, it wasn't at all attractive and something I would have rather not seen. So, be forewarned when those scenes come up---even though they were pretty humorous!

There were just too many aspects of this movie that I didn't understand or enjoy very much. My younger siblings like it, though, and it had good music. :-) As I said before, the idea of the story---a teen boy trying to care for and keep his sisters together no matter what---was really sweet. Seth's dedication to them was really commendable, and there are a few lessons that you can get out of this movie. It just didn't gel with me all the way. But I will be keeping this movie in the family library and, I have little doubt, my sisters will be re watching it sometime in the future.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
22 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details