Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on February 27, 2010
I have been looking for a DX sleeve that opened lengthwise. I originally tried a book like case (a Noreve), but found the DX to be too heavy if read inside a case. I still use my Noreve for my kindle 2, and it is perfect. My first attempt at a sleeve, was the Octo. I really liked the quality and the fit, but found it inconvenient to remove the sleeve from my purse when I wanted to read. I wanted a sleeve I could leave in my purse, and just take the Kindle out. I am careful with my things and I am not worried about breaking my DX around the house, but rattling around in my purse can be a dangerous endeavor. The Cole Haan looked to be perfect - but was priced so unreasonably high I struggled with the purchase. I finally gave in, and while I am keeping it, I am not totally pleased.

The Good:
First of all I will admit it does solve my problem. I can take my DX in and out of my purse without removing the sleeve. The color is fabulous - a bright reddish orange. The case is very light, and the fit is good.

The Bad.
The quality is average for the price. There was the most horrendous Cole Haan label in a clashing yellow-orange. Not only was the color bad, but it was on the top right corner going lengthwise. Ugly, Ugly, Ugly! I took a seam ripper and removed it. That did leave tiny holes where it was sewn, but with some leather wax it is now barely noticeable, and light years better than the label. The visible seams on the sides, could have been handled better - I like the invisible seams on the Octo.

All in all, the quality of the leather Octo sleeve, is much better,for less money. But the Cole Haan does what I need it to do - and the color is great.
0Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.