Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 12, 2011
For years, I have tried every type of portable radio I could find so that I could listen to my public radio station in the morning, moving it from the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchen. If it was a rainy morning, I knew the reception would be poor. If it was slightly bumped, the carefully tuned station would be lost. I finally dropped my last "shower" radio and decided to find a more permanent solution.
This Sangean PR-D9W is PERFECT!! The sound quality is unbelievable. I no longer have to worry about losing reception. It is the best purchase I have made. I was hesitant to spend this kind of money for a radio, but if I had only known it could be this good, I would have done it a long time ago. I love everything about it. I purchased the recommended rechargeable batteries at the same time. I want to do everything right by this radio! How wonderful to wake up to crystal clear NPR rather than to undiscernable static! It is small enough for travel, comes with a nice travel sleeve to protect it, and I don't think I will ever be separated from this radio. The weather alert function is appreciated, as our area has been under tornado watches recently and we seem to lose power with the frequent and powerful storms. I feel much more secure having this radio.
1010 comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?