Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 22, 2011
Last Friday I was in a bit of a quandary...my boss decided he wanted to get 260 gift cards as holiday gifts for our employees. The first plan was to get prepaid Visa cards but, depending on where you buy those, can cost an additional $2 - $6 per card.(!) The added cost and immediacy of our needs made the prepaid Visa cards a no-go. Someone suggested Amazon gift cards. Imagine my surprise when I found that Amazon does not charge for gift cards (thank goodness) and that they could ship me 260 gift cards in less than 24 hours. What a life saver. Not only that but I overheard some employees talking about the gift cards and how everyone tends to give Starbucks gift cards. One person said: When I opened it and saw it was for Amazon I thought, Finally a gift card I will actually use.

I've read other reviews where people feel that if they are buying in bulk that they should receive a discount of some sort. I'm not sure I understand this thought process. Having an Amazon gift card is almost like having a prepaid Visa/Mastercard or Amex. True, you are limited to the items available on Amazon.com but you can get almost ANYTHING on Amazon.com. And you aren't charged the mysterious "service fee" that prepaid cards charge. So really, you are getting a discount by not having to pay the fee. Also once your balance gets low on prepaid cards they can be difficult to use. But with an Amazon.com gift card all of the money goes to your account whether you spend it all at once or not. No need to keep track of how much is left because Amazon does that for you.
0Comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.