Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 2, 2012
Let me start this by saying I love Elmore Leonard and I've got a summary of his ten rules of writing pinned up on my wall. With that being said, do not buy this book. The rules are great, but they're taken from an article Mr. Leonard once wrote for the New York Times. There's nothing new added to this, you can just do a search for the rules and save yourself some cash.

At the very least, there should have been additional material in here. Use each of the rules to start off a chapter explaining why Mr. Leonard considers this a good rule, with examples as well. That would have made for a great read.

On the basis of the rules itself, I want to award this five stars. They're rules I feel every writer should incorporate into their work. But as a book, it's overpriced and severely lacking in content. On that I would give it one star. So that's how I came to my three star halfway point.
What's this?