Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, yet very Incomplete, August 23, 2010
This review is from: The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo: The Complete Series (DVD)
I was happy to get this as part of my collection. I found it interesting, yet incomplete.

Pros:
+Trying to capture the thirteen ghost of a Demon Chest was a very fascinating storyline.
+Scrappy didn't seem to try to steal the spotlight from his uncle. In fact, I didn't find him annoying at ALL.
+Scooby's parents.
+Vincent was an excellent addition to the season. I loved his episode narrations.
+Same classic humor from the original series. I did enjoy them dressing up for certain situations.
+Scooby snacks seemed to have a different effect on Scooby then usual.

Cons:
-I felt that the season was incomplete. They didn't capture all thirteen ghosts. It appeared to be only eleven of them. I felt as if the season should have ran fifteen or sixteen episodes.
-Flim Flam did gain my appeal with his sales pitches, however, trying to overpower the season really made me dislike him. He had too many plot contrivances.
-I hated the makeover of the Mystery Machine.
-Most of the episodes were weak with villians that weren't even a challenge to defeat. Funny because the gang spent most of their time running.
-They made Daphne virtually invisible. She didn't add much to the season at all.
-Weerd and Bogul were able to do some things, yet not be able to do other things. Didn't make any sense.
-I really missed Fred and Velma. They were really the smarter half of the gang.

Episodes:
1) I found Lotsa Luck Joy Juice being too convenient. Uck! I found it farfetched that Shaggy was their pilot. Discarding those two plotlines, I found this to be an intriguing episode that set the premise for the entire season. 4.5/5
2) Maldor in my opinion was the most challenging ghost that they had to capture. To me, it was an exciting episode which still had me anticipating what was next. Scooby being close to a Danish prince was cool. The scenes when they were trying to wake up Daphne was touching. Best episode of the season. 5/5
3) It was a cool twist that the shadow wasn't one of the ghosts that they had to capture. 4/5
4) By this point, being four times in a row, I got tired of Flim Flam catching the ghosts. Not only that, but the season was starting to focus too much on him. The trophy and song scene really was too much. 2.5/5
5) The villian was laughable in this somewhat fun episode. 3/5
6) Technically, from my understanding, the ghost that they captured was a combination of the ghosts that were already in their possesion. Flim Flam was beginning to be more and more of a show stealer. 3/5
7) One of my least favorite episodes so far. It's not explained how someone that Vincent knew from the past was one of the thirteen ghosts. 1/5
8) Yet another situation where they could not have won without Vincent's help. He was the leader of this task force. 2.5/5
9) Slime Time was a really good villian in a really weak episode. The thought of them replacing Scooby was insulting. How could the future that Vincent had shown Scooby exist if they were supposed to be killed by the guy in the armor? 1/5
10) Finally, another episode that I really liked, but why couldn't Daphne or Shaggy be the one holding the chest when Scooby threw the comic section into it? 4/5
11) It would have been more appropriate for Shaggy to be holding the chest in this episode instead of Scrappy and Flim Flam for the second time in a row. Ghost proof Handcuffs. Yeah, right! 2.5/5
12) Another episodefocused on Flim Flam. Ugh! However, I did enjoy this one. 4.5/5
13) Finally, Daphne was actually portrayed as one of the smarter characters, however, it was too little too late. Very weak episode for a season finale. It left me with a very unsatisfying feeling. 2.5/5

Overall ratings: 3/5

I couldn't imagine not having this as part of my collection, but it was an unfinished season. I hope that this review was helpful.

[Add comment]