Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

on August 3, 2011
I LOVE this book -- at least I love the idea of it. I've been wanting to keep some kind of journal/diary that my kids could read someday and learn about me ... this little book is perfect for that!

It asks a simple question each day for a year. There are 4 lines to answer the question, which is great for someone like me who tends to ramble -- the 4 lines ensure a short and sweet response. In front of the 4 lines is a bolded "20__" where you fill out the current year.

Basically, it's set up like a traditional 5-year diary. Each page has 5 groups of 4 lines beginning with 20__. So after you go through a year of answering the questions at the top of the page, you start over again on the second group of lines.

I think it's a great tool to see how you've grown and changed over the course of a year -- as well as how you've stayed the same. I'm excited to see how my answers will vary from year to year.

I know another reviewer gave a good sampling of the questions, so I'll just throw in a few here: "When was the last time you flew on an airplane?" "What's your favorite word (right now)?" and "Write down a problem you solved today."

Now for the reasons I only gave this book 3 stars, even though I love the idea of it:

1. It's tiny, about 6x4 inches. That makes it handy to carry around, but hard to manage when you're trying to hold the book open and write in a very small space.

2. It doesn't lay flat. That's a big pet peeve of mine, especially for a diary or journal. It makes the chore of writing in a tiny space even more of a chore. My first entry is all messy; it feels impossible to write neatly. I'm hoping to get used to it so my printing can be somewhat legible.

3. I was surprised that there's no ribbon to use as a bookmark. I had to use a sticky note page marker. With the style of this book -- gilded edges, hard cover -- the missing ribbon is confusing, as well as inconvenient.

I think 3.5 stars would be a more accurate rating. This would easily get 5 stars from me if it were a bit bigger, laid flat, and had a ribbon bookmark!
1616 comments| 584 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.