Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 5, 2009
I've been a Timex guy for decades, but I'll have to say this watch is better than any Timex I have owned. It is rugged, not too big, easy to read, and best of all -- totally maintenance free. No setting the time ever, no changing batteries EVER. Some commented that the alarms are not loud enough, but I have found them to be fine. They will wake me up from the dresser across the room. My only complaint is that the buttons (especially the set) are a bit difficult to push. The backlight is fine if you are just checking the time, but too short if doing any functions requiring more than just a glance.

However, for now, I am greatly enjoying my new watch!!

UPDATE: July 2012 - Based on a comment, I removed the part about 'when the band breaks' as I must have been in Timex mode still. I wear this watch every day and have since I purchased long ago and the band is still in very good shape. I still love this watch!! I wish my computer was equally maintenance free.

UPDATE: March 2013 - It's official. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made. This watch is a flawless performer every single day. I have taken it all over the country and snorkeling (not diving) in the Caribbean, countless swims in the pool during the summers, and it is still as solid as the day I bought it. The band has been very robust. Much more reliable than the old Timex bands. The face is also very resilient as it shows no scratches whatsoever, and I have not done anything to avoid hitting or scraping it across anything. I know the company would probably prefer me to have purchased a watch every year, but I guarantee I will come back to Casio Gshock if I lose this watch. That's the only scenario I can think of to replace it as it keeps on going...

UPDATE: August 2016 - Three more years and still going strong! Never a missed second, no battery problems. Band is still as strong as the day I first put it on. No scratches on the face and trust me I am NOT gentle or protective of it. Been through multiple construction projects, tiling work, concrete and rock handling. I simply cannot think of a more dependable product I have ever owned. I'm thinking of buying another one in case I lose this one before they discontinue it. Casio Gshock for life!! Well done.
26 people found this helpful