Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on September 12, 2009
Very difficult game to win. I rarely leave reviews even though I am usually very pleased with the products I buy from Amazon. But I need to say that this game could have been so much fun to play. The goal of the game is to win either regular poker games or tournament games and buy all the property of a particular town. Once you win enough tournaments or regular poker games, then you play a more difficult computer player to win a mode of transportation to go to another town. I love the concept of playing poker with this type of goal in mind. However, it is very, very difficult to win any of the games. No matter which mode I play (easy, medium, or difficult), I rarely win a hand. I have counted 17 consecutive hands that I didn't even get a pair while the AI players were getting three of a kind, flushes, straights, and full houses. I used different strategies and still got the same results...constant lousy hands. Every once in a while I would finally get a pair, but usually lost to the computer player that had a 3 of a kind or better hand.

So, in fairness to the creators of this game...I will try to contact them to see if there is some sort of patch or strategy I am missing. If so, I will leave an updated review in the future. But after spending quite a few hours playing this game, I am pretty disappointed at the low odds of getting a decent hand (or even a pair) and most likely will not play it much more.

Edited Review:
I have had a chance to play this game again and I am changing my review. This is a challenging game and requires quite a bit more patience. I eventually won the game and have come to really enjoy it! So I give it 5 stars for creativity and fun! Just know that it's not always great hands and quick wins for you....you will have to work for it, but it will be a rewarding feeling once you win the final game!
99 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.