Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 11, 2012
When the first skate came out i immediately was interested to see how it was. When I bought it i was hooked instantly. Pulling off crazy flip tricks in a realistic setting and with realistic physics was a blast. Then the second came out offering a bit more with a much more interesting world and the very useful ability of getting off the board and interacting with objects in the environment. I loved these games and have a ton of recorded in-game footage and photos to prove it.
I was excited to get this one as well since it was yet another skate game. Unfortunately for me, however, I found this game a bit too familiar for me. Yes, there have been refinements and a few new additions to the formula, but largely for me it felt the same.
I don't hate this game, however. I still think this is the best in the series quality wise. If you are a newcomer to the skate franchise then definitely start out with this one. It's not dumbed down or anything like that, but more accessible. There are a bunch of useful and in depth tutorials to help you get the basics down with more advanced ones to help you nail the more difficult tricks. Visuals, gameplay, and other aspects of the game have been refined as well for a better skate experience.
Being able to customize pretty much everything about your skater is still great. There are plenty of options. Being able to customize your own parks is a neat addition as well. I do like the structure of the "story-mode" in this game too.
I just found the experience a bit stale only because I had felt like I had played the game before. There just wasn't enough of new content to keep me interested for very long. I am confident, however, that EA can do new things with the next installment to make it a fresher experience.
I fully recommend this game to those who want to get into the skate series.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink