Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 12, 2011
I am amazed by the quality of the writing and powerful emotions this book evokes.

This is more than just a collection of stories to raise money to help those affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami. This book is also a snapshot today's world and the power of social media.

This book came together so quickly; people around the world contributed to this project via technology. A month (almost to the minute) after I heard about the great quake, I was able to download this book to my kindle. As soon as it downloaded, I sat and read the entire book. I couldn't put it down. It's very powerful to me to think of how the book was produced and make reading it all that more poignant.

The quality of the writing is excellent. These are first hand accounts by people who experienced the events. The photos and illustrations show clearly on my Kindle 3. There is an interactive menu (which is always good). The only improvement I might suggest, is to make it so that one can flip between stories using the 5-way controller.

I would recommend this book to everyone. It's the first item to receive a 5 star review from me. In my opinion, it's worth far more than that.

Well done everyone who contributed to this project.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?