Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on August 9, 2010
THIS ADAPTER CAUSED MY LAPTOP TO SHORT CIRCUIT AND CATCH FIRE!

Just because an adapter is listed to be compatible with your laptop DOES NOT MEAN IT IS! I'm not an expert and cannot properly explain it, but a technologically capable friend of mine told me that the voltage of this adapter wasn't the same as my old adapter, and the difference caused my computer to short circuit and go up in smoke. And because this happened with a replacement adapter and not the original given to me by HP, my warranty doesn't mean a damn thing. So please check to make sure the voltage is the same, I'd hate for someone to go through what I just went through!

GO WITH THE SURE THING! I really wish I would have spent the money on one approved by HP! I TRIED TO SAVE FORTY BUCKS AND NOW I HAVE TO COME UP WITH 700 FOR A NEW COMPUTER! I AM SO FULL OF RAGE.
33 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.