Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 14, 2011
The really good:
-It looks awesome
-The 2 thumb buttons are very comfortable and the design allows for quick thumb presses.
-The weight/thickness are perfect

The bad:
-The middle mouse button is very difficult to press without using a 'claw' grip. I need that button. This was the biggest reason why I returned this mouse.
-The contours for left and right mouse buttons are really odd; they feel too wide. Setting your fingers properly (pointer for left mouseB, middle finger for right mouseB) you'll have a gap of 2.5cm between your fingers. It's a stretch and my hands aren't small (I'm average sized 29yo). Also using it this way your ring finger and pinky don't sit comfortably in any position due to the way the mouse flares outward. What I mean by that is on the left side of the mouse it's curved inward to fit the natural shape of your thumb, and it feels great, it's perfect actually and every mouse should adopt this design exactly, however the opposite is true on the other side. The mouse curves outward (the design here makes no sense) near the end of the right mouseB and makes your ring and pinky finger uncomfortable to use in any position. It almost feels more natural to use your pointer finger for left, middle finger for middle mouse, and ring finger for right mouse (but that's just crazy).

I tried it for 2 weeks of gaming and browsing and I just couldn't get used to it.

*Edit*
I sent this back and got the G500, after only a few minutes of using it I can tell I'll be keeping it, but it has its own faults too.

-The biggest thing I noticed immediately was that the DA glides much better than the G500 on my (cheap wooden) desk. The difference is night and day. I'm keeping the G500 but I think I'll have to get a slick microfiber mouse pad for it.

-The middle mouse push is still a little bit tougher than a 5 button MS intellimouse, but it's no where near as difficult as the DA.

-I like the DAs thumb buttons much more than the G500.

-I like how the r/l mouse buttons aren't contoured like the DAs are. They're also rounded down allowing your hand to cup naturally where as on the DA it's not rounded at all so your fingers are flexed almost straight out (which becomes very uncomfortable after a short time).

-I prefer the laser positioning on the G500 more than the DA. The laser on the G500 is nearer to the fingertips as opposed to a normal mouse with its laser in the center. I've never had a mouse designed like that before but I like it. The DAs laser is in the middle of the mouse.

-Liftoff: You have to lift up the g500 much more than the DA.

-Other thoughts:
-The adjustable weight system of the g500 seems to me to be a cheap gimmick that I would never use.
-The G500 feels like a sturdy mouse but the DA has the look and feel of superior build quality as well as superior materials.
-The on-the-fly DPI adjustment indicator light on the G500 is annoying, I prefer the solid black of the DA.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.