BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2012
I had to buy another one because I wore the covers and several pages off the book I bought in the 70s. It was used for reference many many times.

I don't always agree with Carla Emery's advice. I think bathing more often is essential. I think I want to wear boots that match when I go out to eat. And I don't think a nice green lawn is a waste of yard space. BUT, I learned how to do some of the lesser known country arts. One of her by scratch root beer recipes was a family favorite and high in demand, and I had a sour dough starter that kept me in home made bread yeast for years. Raised livestock on her advice. Grew grand gardens. Raised healthy children.

For me, it was great to have a book on the shelf that has just about all the info you would ever need to deal with anything involving country living.

The book is my favorite. There is more in the book than you will likely ever try, but it is amusing and folksy and a great read even if you don't try everything.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?