BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 17, 2005
I give it one star, because the information on Voldemort was worth atleast that much. This book is absolutely horrible. I love the Harry Potter series, but this book seems rushed and undone. I expected much more for the second to last book in the Harry Potter series. If someone highlighted a few of the major points in this book and gave it to me, I could bypass reading and head on to book seven. It was shorter than book 5 by more than 200 pages, and the words were noticeably larger in this book. All of the expectations led to a huge disappointment. A previous reviewer said it best, "she seemed to be on a deadline." It seems Ms.Rowling enjoys being a billionaire, more than she enjoys writing decent books for her fans.

Then another main character dies in this book, which will make everyone cry. I'm sure you already suspect, because she has made sure that she put importance on this persons departing strength. Then after this character died, she didn't pay proper homage to his passing as a fan would have expected. It seemed no one cared, and everyone was mentioning the death casually as if it were insignificant. Other events such as a marriage and a looming relationship seem to supersede the persons death. It seemed so stupid, since she put so much emphasis on the death of Sirius; a character which we barely knew. Harry cried once after the death, and he seemed to have no trouble recollecting the events of the death to people. Rowling also said that we would understand why she killed Sirius in this book, by which I still don't understand. So yet another character dies for seemingly no purpose. If she keeps killing off important characters, the book wont be so predictable, so I guess it adds to the mystery or effect.

Poor Harry, Rowling also said that Harry's powers would become stronger in this book, which I have yet to see, if you don't include being able to apparate. He still seems to be a silly little boy with poor judgment. He has wisen only a little, you also see that he really should have made use of those Occumlency lessons. He also seems not to be going back to Hogwarts for the last year. Overall, it was a waste of time. I would have been better off if someone took 5 minutes to tell the important events, then to waste a day, where I could have been studying. The only reason that I am even considering reading book 7, is so that I can find some purpose in the purposeless. I hope though that book 7 doesn't leave a scar of dissatisfaction on my mind as did this book.
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?