Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

VINE VOICEon November 5, 2008
I love the Sevenwaters trilogy, and this is a wonderful addition. If you have not read the other three books- Daughter of the Forest (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, Book 1),Son of the Shadows (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, Book 2),and Child of the Prophecy (The Sevenwaters Trilogy, Book 3), you can still enjoy this book. If however you are a fan of the trilogy, this is like a warm homecoming! I re-read the trilogy to remind myself of the story arc before I read Heir to Sevenwaters.

The plot has been summarized in the previous reviews, so I will not repeat it. However here are my thoughts. Most of this will make more sense if you have read the previous three books, because I use them as a frame of reference to compare this book.

Clodagh: What a wonderful heroine! She is ordinary with no special abilities(except to mind talk to her twin Diedre) unlike Liadin from Son of.. and Fainne from Child of... I think this makes her more endearing. She is my favorite heroine second only to Sorcha from Daughter.. What makes her special is that she is not brave or heroic but manages to overcome her fear to do what she must do to save her brother, her parents and her beloved.

The Love Story: Again this was my favorite romance second to Sorcha and Red from Daughter of... In fact I think is book is heavier on the romance than the previous two. Clodagh and her love interest are together for most of the book, and I loved their interactions. Fainne and Darragh from Child of.. and Liadin and Bran in Son of... had very fews scenes togther.

Tone: The book was much lighter in tone than Child of Prophecy, which was quite dark with a sense of doom. Perhaps because the romance was so heaviliy emphasized, it felt much lighter and more cheerful. I think this was a plus.

Selfless love: In the end I think all the Sevenwaters books stress the concept of selfless love for family and for your beloved. This book is no different and it is what lends such a warm and magical feel to the story.

Favorite chracters back again: Sean, Conner, Ciaran, Johnny are all back. Liadin is mentioned in passing. She was my least favorite heroine, so I did not miss her presence. I loved that the author brought Ciarin back. There is a shocker revelation about Johnny! Also their is a nice family tree in the front which is helpful.

New villian: With the Islands back with the Fair Folk through Fainne's sacrifice in Child of.., we need a new villian, and we get a great one: the Fey Lord Mac Dara. The ending leaves it open for more books to come because the conflict with him is not resolved. Hopefully we will get a new book, maybe with Eilis' story next!

If you love fantasy, romance and a heroine centered story you will love this book. If you are already a fan of the Sevenwaters series, this is a must buy.
11 comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?