Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 7, 2012
For the last six years, I've been using a Macbook that I got through work. I love my Macbook. Now that I'm switching jobs, I need to replace my laptop and Apple is out of my price range. First, I tried going back to a PC. I hated it. Every time I opened the laptop, I had messages reminding me about software updates, antivirus updates, registration opportunities, etc. It took 10 minutes to click out of all the reminders and options to open programs I didn't want to open. Even after uninstalling much of the bloatware, the whole thing was too much of a hassle. I found myself avoiding using the PC, so I took it back.

I had looked at Chromebooks earlier, and I was encouraged when the next generation appeared with better reviews and even faster speeds. I love my Chromebook. Immediate access, responsive touchpad, comfortable keyboard, automatic updates - all as promised. However, one thing I did not see mentioned anywhere is that Amazon Instant Video is not supported for Chrome OS. Oh, please fix this, Google and Amazon! I love Amazon, and I love my Chromebook. One is peanut butter, and other is chocolate - they belong together. I understand why Amazon wouldn't support Instant Video on rival tablets if they're promoting the Kindle Fire, but why not support Chrome OS? You're leaving out a growing potential market.
1818 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?