38 of 40 people found the following review helpful
A Jumping good time,
This review is from: Crackdown - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
CrackDown - Circa 2007
- Great Co-op Gameplay allows two players play through the game from start to end. A co-op player can come into the game at any time and leave at any time.
- Leveling up your characters traits (Jumping, Strength, Driving, Shooting, Explosives) makes your character not only better at that skill but also gives you bonuses (Example: Leveling up your Driving skill gives you not only better control over driving any car, bus and or truck but your Agency Car gets upgraded as well with new abilities, such as adding car-mounted guns, think Twisted Metal)
- The world of CrackDown has some nice level design and areas both high (like skyscraper roof tops) and low (deep underground bunkers) are well though out and fun to traverse.
- Access to Halo 3 Beta Test
- No plot to speak of outside of being a super-cop and killing gang lords.
- Game is short with only 24 bosses and 3 riots (gang riots happen in each area after all gang leaders are killing in that area).
- Driving cars feels a bit sloppy even after getting 4 star max driving skills.
- Outside of foot/driving races, looking for orbs (about 500 in the game), and killing bosses there is not too much to do in the world of CrackDown.
- The Music in this title is not that great and over all forgettable - mostly generic techno (you only can get music while in a car, while on foot which you spend 90% of the game you get no music - like GTA). Thank god, using Xbox 360 built in "play any song I want at anytime" feature was here to save the day, just before you play a the game put in your favorite music CD, rip it onto the 360's Hard Drive and then later on while playing your game click the Xbox 360 guide button and go to select track (and play your own songs).
IF IT FITS YOUR TASTE:
- A Sci-Fi (although near future feeling) Third Person Shooter (Camera behind the player)
- A go anywhere do anything at any time type of game that we have seen in such games as Grand Theft Auto. The biggest difference is now you play as a super-cop charged with killing criminals instead of a gang member trying to become a gang lord.
- Jumping plays a big role in the game and jumping roof top to roof top (like the comedic super hero The Tick) is not only fun but opens up a large part of the game space available for play.
- Co-op gameplay is fun and useful (2 players are able to do things one player could not do alone, example: One player gets into a car/truck and the other player can throw said car/truck well behind enemy lines)
GAME ITS MOST ASSOCATED TOO:
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2/Xbox/PC)
- Saints Row (Xbox 360)
- Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (PS2/Xbox)
- The first shipments of CrackDown come with free access/invite to the Halo 3 beta (which starts 5/16/07 and ends 6/7/07); later releases will not have this feature.
- You can download a character pack for this game for free over XBL Marketplace, this pack will add four new characters to your character select screen.
- There are Two downloadable packs for this game on XBL Marketplace which unlock seven new achievements and an ability to reset gangs (but keep your level of stats), get a new new ground attack, a new noise indicator makes it easier to find orbs (when you get to the last 20 or so), makes stunt ring more visible, and fixes some minor problems with targeting and camera angles when driving. The first pack is called the Free-For-All Pack which is a FREE and has the Keys to the City Mode (where you will be able to spawn such items such as vehicles, explosive barrels and change time of day at any time. Your characters skill level can be changed to your likeing and you can turn on/off infinite ammunition as well as GOD mode, achievements and game saving is turned off when in the Keys to the City Mode), a new vehicle selection system has been integrated into the agency garage which allows for new colors (such as Blue, Red and Green) for all cars even agency cars and now players can impound any civilian or enemy vehicle and store them in the agency garage as well. The Getting Busy Bonus Pack which sells for 800 Microsoft points ($10.00 USD) has three new vehicles such as the Beach Buggy (with Chain gun), Race Car (Which looks like a wacky go-kart, but is fast), and Armored Car (Looks like the Mini-Tank/Armored Car from the 80's Aliens [Alien 2] movie), This pack also has some new game types (like Stockpile and Rocket Tag) and even has five new weapons such as the Muilt-Grenade launcher, Proximity Mines, Harpoon Gun, Chain Gun, and even a Cloaking Device.