Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Echo Plus  Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 2, 2013
I'm a fan of Ricky Gervais's other work, both versions of The Office, and the Extras, and even An Idiot Abroad are some of my favorite comedy material--right up there with Monty Python and Office Space.

But this show just falls flat. It feels like all the same old tricks, this time with Warrick Davis at the butt of the jokes.

Real-life celebrity cameos? Check. Did that in Extras--and much better.

Self-deprecating humor? Check. Did that in The Office and in Extras.

I'm sure some people will find this series riveting. I find it dry and dull. Perhaps if I didn't already know all of Gervais's tricks, I would enjoy this show more.

I ordered HBO to watch this when it first began airing. After the fourth episode, I canceled my HBO subscription.

Please don't buy this unless you have already seen at least one or two episodes, and know you will enjoy it. I suggest previewing via one of the popular streaming or DVD-by-mail services, first.
11 comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?