Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on April 11, 2012
I bought this in February, with the first release. Took about 2 weeks to come in from the Nike store.

When initially setting it up, I had to download the software to go with it, only took a few seconds. It links automatically to your Nike+ account, so you can sync it anywhere as long as you have the software.

PROS:
-Amazing interface, I love the way it looks with all of the LED lights. You can check how you're doing on your fuel goal without having to cycle through the information.
-Nike Fuel; Nike's own way of measuring movement. It's very accurate, you get fuel from doing everyday things and more from working out.
-It motivates me to hit my goals. If I get home at the end of the day and am 200 short in NikeFuel, I'll go for a quick run to hit my goal.
-Nike+ site: Keeps you updated through the site to see how well you are doing, you can log in from any computer. Also has great graphics and tells you your activity levels throughout the day and your streaks.
-Doubles as a watch, which was a benefit I hadn't thought of. I've never worn a watch, so this doubling as that is convenient.
-Goals: You set your own goals for the next day, so you can choose what kind of day you will have.

CONS:
-No Android app (yet!) They say they will release it over the summer which will help my with syncing immensely.
-Claims you can shower with it, but I do not risk it. It's a $150 bracelet with lots of different nooks and crannies, I'd rather not take my chances.
-Gets very dirty easily. The texture of the band grabs on to the edges of the band, easy to clean just by running some water over it, but still.
-Seems a bit flimsy, I'm worried about it grabbing on to something and breaking completely.
-A bit bulky, it doesn't fit well under my running jacket, so it bothers me sometimes when running. I also need to wear it on my left hand so it doesn't get in the way of writing and typing with my right hand at work.
-Battery life. Mine has never died on me, but when I plug it in, it shows half of the battery left. I plug mine in to sync and charge when I shower every day, so this seems like a short battery life.

If I remember any pros and cons I will be sure to add them
Overall, it's a great device. Make sure you will utilize it before you spend $150 on it, especially since there's not a lot of stores you can return it to. Very worth it to me, it's helped me get back in shape. Hopefully it does not break down, and if it does, I hope the manufacturers warranty will cover it.
44 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.