Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this camera!, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Samsung ST150F 16.2MP Smart WiFi Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 3.0" LCD Screen (Red) (Electronics)
So I may go on a little rant here so i do like my cameras.

Okay first....this is not a professional camera and everyone who is leaving reviews like it should be one...please stop! The camera is very small so small it can fit in your back pocket or front. This is not a bad thing actually this is what i wanted it for i needed something small, light weight, and easy to use so when i go to my nerd conventions ill have an easier time taking pictures of everything/one i see.

The pictures look really great! they are clear and take way better pictures them my camera phone which again is what i needed. When going on conventions you don't want to use your phones for pictures because your battery will die fast and you need that life so if you get lost from your group you can contact them etc....

The WIFI feature is stupid easy to use! I saw some people complain it was so hard and cant figure out....its 3 steps WHICH THE CAMERA EXPLAINS TO YOU!!! yeah you don't even need to open up the instructions....it explains it for you on the camera in 3 very simple easy steps. You download an app on your phone (which BTW was free on my android), you press a button in the app after opening it, and you click for a pick and POP! downloads right onto your phone....my 55 year old mother could figure this out.

BTW ladies this phone looked pink to me in all the pictures, but it clearly says red and it is red. Its a very very pretty red, but still red.

This thing has amazing zoom for a little guy i was able to take a clear pictures from about 2-3 feet away which isn't half bad. yeah there is better but the thing is crazy small! lol

I love the size of the back screen, i show off my pics to my fiance all the time and he likes the fact he can see the screen without coming super close (he is lazy).

The buttons are very super clear on what they are and do so again you really don't need to open the instructions unless you have never touched a camera/electronic in your life.

It comes with a rechargeable battery and of course a plug to charge it. Its nice because its a USB plug so you can use the USB part for your computer.

it has some cool filters that would be fun to use defiantly if you want some fun shots.

Yes, the camera has a video feature which is really cool and kinda needed when i see panels so i can record funny things they say.

So to wrap it up its small, useful, take great pics, has good features, and mainly would be good for someone who goes to events, outside, parties, even if you have kids, etc....to use. If your looking to be a professional photographer no i wouldn't get it if your like me and just go to a lot of events or parties or like to take funny pictures of your cats then its pretty useful and fun.

:) hope this helps!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2014 9:20:45 PM PDT
after reading your post does the camera have to link to a phone to get the pictures online. this is what I am looking for. a camera that my grandchildren can use to take pictures that they can post to facebook or even my email. if it has to go through the phone do you have to use the phone to link it to facebook or does the picture go automatically?
so can the camera be hooked up to a facebook account or does it have to go through a phone then to facebook. thanks for the help.

Posted on May 17, 2014 8:51:20 AM PDT
Noway says:
I'm having problems with connecting to my wifi also, not like it's that important to me. My Samsung phone connects fine, but this unit won't connect. I tried looking up the specs, wonder if it doesn't like AES encryption as I have another device that has that problem.

If you plug the camera into your computer USB, then turn it on, it will map the card as a drive and you can just copy images from there. It will charge the same way. I can't really see copying 500meg or more over wifi myself.

Maybe I'll look into the wifi again later, but it's a non issue for me.

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 9:26:29 PM PDT
Since you mentioned Nerd Conventions, I need a new camera for SDCC. You think this one would work? What is the battery life like?

Posted on Jan 9, 2016 10:52:46 PM PST
haha she said 55 like it was old and 55yo cant be tech savvy. I dont think anyone in their 50's gets a pass because they are "too old" because they arent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›