Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on November 13, 2012
Seems like every year I upgrade tv's. Started with a 42" lcd vizio, bumped up to a 50" panasonic plasma, now this 60" monster. I really like it, especially for $999...walmart does have this on black friday for $688 in store.. So if you're one of those people, jump on it!

PICTURE
Coming from plasma I knew the picture wouldn't be quite as good, and after playing with picture settings I gotta be honest there isn't much of a drop off in picture quality. Also coming from plasma I like my picture on the darker side, I feel it gives more "depth" and the best part is I don't have any bleeding when it comes to the Edge-lit factor. Will the picture blow you away? If this is your first HDTV absolutely, but otherwise you're not going to see a huge difference from the HDTV's from the past couple of years. The 120hz processor is all you'll ever need, at least when it comes to cable..we have "charter" and they only support 60hz. And as far as blu-rays or xbox and ps3..120hz will prove to be enough so there is no lag. NHL 13 and Battlefield 3 are pretty damn fun on this 60 incher.

SOUND
What can I say, it works, it's not anything special, it certainly can get loud enough but in the end they are just tv speakers. And if you are that concerned about the sound that it influences your purchasing decision, you should go out and at least get a "home theater in a box." Personally, sound is as important as picture, I have a 7.2 system (7 satellite speakers, 2 subwoofers) running off of my Onkyo NR609 receiver, total set up cost me just under 1K. I need to feel the mortars and artillery from "Band of Brothers", "The Pacific", "The Thin Red Line"...etc. So like I said, go spend a couple hundred dollars on a 5.1 system, or for God sakes at least get a $80 sound bar.

REMOTE
Feels very well made to me, heavy, and the qwerty keyboard is very innovative and at times can be quite handy. To be honest tho I don't use tv remotes often, my Onkyo remote controls my cable box, tv, blu-ray player, and of course the Onkyo receiver. So I'm set.

APPS/WI-FI
So far just used Netflix, haven't tried my Amazon prime account yet but in all honesty, it is what it is and if one works there's no reason the rest won't. Wi-fi was easy to set-up..so even if you're just a little tech savvy there's no reason it won't be easy for you.

Let's see, what else?? No dead pixels, special delivery was good, they came in put it in my room, unpackaged it, assembled the stand and hoisted it on my TV center. They will take the packaging if you want but I think it's a good idea to just throw it in the basement as you may never know when you'll need it. Personally it's nice to have because I tend to sell mine every fall, although the only thing missing from this tv is 3D and I know I would just about never use it, so I'll be good with this tv for longer than usual.

IMPORTANT! If before delivery the tv was in a cold vehicle like mine was(I'm a "Yooper")...make sure you give it plenty of time to warm up (I waited 4 hours)..otherwise your tv experience will be over before it could start!

Here's my picture settings, and it's perfect as far as I'm concerned. Again, I like the dark picture..it prevents the "bleeding" from occurring and lest you forget, this a damn big "flash light" so why on earth would you want a bright picture?

Back light- 50
Brightness- 45
Contrast- 45
Color- 54
Tint- 0
Sharpness- 0 (the higher the sharpness, the "grainier" the picture..try it for yourself)
Color temp- I switch between normal-cool, never 'warm' as I feel reds and oranges tend to be dominant and overwhelming
Smooth Motion effect- Off
Real cinema mode- Off (that horrible 'soap opera' look...hate it!)
Noise Reduction- Off
MPEG NR- High
Color enhancement- Normal
Adaptive Luma- Off
Film mode- Off
Backlight Control- OPC
Ambient Light Sensor- Off

Hope this is helpful! And don't hesitate to buy...great TV, and not just because of the low price..that's just a bonus!
77 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.