Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars No Function. No Support., August 2, 2012
This review is from: Wahoo BLUEHR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone and Android (Sports)
I bought this product, even though I'd seen the reviews saying it wouldn't pair with people's devices, etc. So, it was a calculated risk.

It did not pay off. I'm a tech savvy guy. I opened it up, looked for the instructions (there are none included with the product - you have to go online). I followed the instructions online, and much to my surprise it simply would not pair with my device! I got the electrodes good and moist, got my heart rate up, tried again, and was again disappointed. I tried every bit of advice I could find on the internet, including resetting my iphone 4S, resetting bluetooth, moving it to different places on my body, replacing the unusual type battery, but nothing worked. I even took a full 3 mile run to get my heart rate up while fiddling with the monitor and my phone! It simply would not pair with my phone.

So, I took the next logical step and contacted the company. As others have noted, there is no phone number for Wahoo, so I just used the email address for support that is provided with the product documentation. I described the problem, what I had tried, and asked for any help. I have yet after 2 business days to hear anything from them. So, I called HRM USA, who sells this product also, and THEY have no phone contact information for the company either!!!!

So, if you are one of the unlucky souls who gets a faulty device -- as many of us have -- you are OUT OF LUCK. No technical support. No customer service. No accountability by this company, as far as I can tell. And apparently a really hit and miss product, to boot! What a disastrous combination.

And here's what I thought about those people who got the bad ones: "That's probably one in a million. It won't happen to me. I'm sure mine will work. I'll buy it anyways." DO NOT BE LIKE ME! Maybe I'll try a Polar next time. Good luck to you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2012 6:21:06 PM PDT
stealle says:
Sounds like you tried everything. Well, except for one thing... Did you exchange it? You know, sometimes you get a lemon every once and awhile. Amazon has an easy, no-hassle return/exchange policy.

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 2:14:55 PM PDT
Lee says:
What application did you use? I am using Wahoo's native application and I never actually "Paired" the device to my Iphone, I just put it on, turned on Wahoo's app, and told the app to add a HRM to my workout sensors. After about 15-20 seconds it was connected and monitoring me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 3:29:39 PM PST
Jami says:
me too.. I used DigiFit and it paired right away. You won't see it in your bluetooth listing in the iPhone settings, but bluetooth does need to be on. It gets paired/synched through the app that you use.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:06:11 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 13, 2012 4:06:44 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:06:55 PM PST
Kalleh says:
Yes, I returned it. Amazon has a no-hassle return/exchange policy, yes. But the HRM company that Amazon ports you to to buy this product does not. Waited 10 days for them to replace my lemon. Although I had paid for expedited shipping the first time, I was informed that I would have to pay for it the second time as well, if I wanted it expedited. Unfortunately, very poor customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:08:08 PM PST
Kalleh says:
I realize not everybody can figure these things out, but I tried everything. Digifit, wahoo, a couple of other 2nd-line ones, too. Did not work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 10:21:16 AM PST
Billy Gilly says:
Just wondering. Did the replacement work then? I'm considering one of these.

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 1:12:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2013 12:42:31 PM PDT
Faja4x says:
this product is now sold by Amazon, not a marketplace partner, so returning should not be an issue as of the time of my comment.

Posted on Sep 26, 2013 9:23:32 AM PDT
Not true! I own a gym, not employed by Wahoo. had some issues, and they responded by e-mail IMMRDIATELY! When we couldn't get it repaired, immediately sent new one! We ahve abunch of these at the gym and love them! We traded all of our Plolars!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013 5:09:17 PM PDT
Wait, what's "not true"?

Hopefully you are not saying that what I wrote was "not true". It was in fact very much 100% true as of the writing over one year ago. The Wahoo customer service that I received was terrible. Flat out terrible. I never updated this review, but it was 4 *business* days before they responded to my request for help. Again, no phone number to call. It sounds like they have improved quite a bit, which is promising. However, what I wrote a year ago was not untrue any more than what you wrote today was untrue. Perhaps the good customer service you received was the result of those of us who mentioned publicly the poor customer service we received.

No doubt the return process benefited significantly from Amazon's taking over the sale of this product.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›