Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 28, 2011
OK, I'm probably a typical baby-boomer. Got a few IRAs, a 401k, a few stocks and some investment funds, but no savvy or experience. I standardized on Quicken and TurboTax years ago, can track my investments and know where I am, but no clue as to where I'm going or how to get there. I've been to a couple investment classes and had two financial evaluations which just tried to sell me their own investment products. Then I saw two of Mr. Lemon's items, "Ten Weeks to Financial Awakening" and "Ahoy Money!". I purchased them, a few years apart, and got educated. Took me a while to understand my needs and limitations, but that was exactly what I needed. I finally broke the reluctance and got some professional financial management, not coincidently, with Mr. Lemon.

Yes, get the books. Find out what you don't know and how it can impact you. Then take some positive steps based on your individual needs. Talk to any advisor you consider, in depth. Find out about their personality and personal goals because their perspectives will definitely affect you and how they treat your investments.

Don't wait until you're at retirement age to figure out you probably need professional advice and counsel. You'll need to pick a compatible counselor sooner than later. Being a self-made man is often a good example of unskilled labor. You don't read a book to perform self-surgery and likewise you can't expect a book to make you a trained investor. It's your retirement. Get help! Reading is a great first step, but don't stop there.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink