Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by NERD Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2010
I am always careful when purchasing something to dig for reviews and see what others like me think of a certain product. This book was one I thought sounded helpful with a bit of fun thrown in and it has very favorable reviews. That's where it stopped for me.

While I consider myself to be an intermediate runner with so much yet to learn, I felt like this book would be better suited for a beginner or someone considering running as exercise or sport. Throughout the book, the authors more or less spoke of their running lives beginning to present with tiny snipets of advice from running moms. I found myself focusing on which author's husbands name was Grant and who was John. And who had the twins? What about the 6 year old girl? I need to be able to place a face with a name when reading anything and feel like I can identify with the author. Not here. I was really hoping this would be a book that I'd want to read over and over and more importantly, I was hoping this book would be one I could purchase for a friend who is running the NY marathon for the first time so that she could find inspiration.

Sarah and Dimity are witty writers but I needed so much more from this book. I needed advice that I'd never heard before or maybe some training secrets to get me to my next PR.

Buy this book if you are a newbie to the sport or are just looking for a little chuckle. Forget about it otherwise. Goodwill is getting my copy...
0Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?