Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera for a Nice Low Price!, December 1, 2013
This review is from: Nikon Coolpix L320 16.1MP Digital Camera with 26x Optical Zoom - BLACK (Electronics)
I just purchased this from target for Black Friday after a nice weekend taking pictures in Portland, OR, imgur.com/a/FNFVg, I am happy to say I am extremely pleased with this camera! It takes nice crisp photos, and it definitely feels worth more than 140 dollars to me! The flash is not a problem and when you pop it up it goes off when needed. You can easily engage the flash by popping it up and hitting the up directional button and selecting "Fill Flash" so it will always go off even when the camera thinks it isn't needed! If you are thinking about the Nikon COOLPIX L620 18.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 14x Zoom Lens and Full 1080p HD Video (Black) because of the sometimes slightly cheaper price and more megapixles I would still urge you to get this camera! The zoom on this camera is ages better and the wider lens on this camera is going to give you great close up shots! I zoomed completely down a city street with this camera and had excellent results with the photos I took! Megapixles aren't everything and where the L620 lacks, this camera heavily succeeds and should not be over looked!

The screen: the screen isn't super good or anything, it shows the pictures you took in somewhat good detail. But to be honest who cares if the screen on the camera is good, we only should really care about picture quality!

The Build Quality: Overall I am super happy I bought this camera. It is super sturdy and has no trouble being tossed in a backpack and going along for a hike with you. It comes with a camera strap and lens cap which are both of high quality. The camera it self seems very well put together and has that Nikon feel.

The Picture: The photos are super crisp and I love them! Way better than any picture I would normally have taken with my cell phone. This camera definitely helps me take photos that will capture memories for years to come, and I will have no regrets when I look back at the pictures later on.

If you are looking for a camera to take on a nice hike or bring into a concert then I would recommend this one! If you are trying to replace your super fancy DSLR, then you will want to look elsewhere, but for the price of this camera, you really get a super great deal!

**EDIT**: Noise while zooming in a video, okay I just tested this and I do agree the noise is a bit loud. Because of this I will drop my review down to 4 stars, I still highly recommend this camera if you are using it for mainly pictures though! If you are using this thing to shoot movies a lot however, I would urge caution in zooming if you are going to use the included microphone on the camera. There are some really simple solutions for this though!
- Use a separate microphone
- Be more mindful of zooming while taking video shots! The best shots in films don't do a lot of zooming usually.
- After making a video, edit it on your computer! add some music to your videos and get rid of the wind noise and random things you will pick up with the camera's microphone anyway! Get creative!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2013 7:21:31 PM PST
Priscilla says:
I bought this camera for Black Friday at Target too. Being my first overall advance camera I am IN LOVE with it. It's perfect for starters and just to take those first photography baby steps to practice in. I HIGHLY recommend it for those who just want a simple camera to take pictures on special occasions or just a day out on the beach. Anyone who purchased it with Targets amazing price wont regret it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2013 8:36:18 PM PST
Reid Boyce says:
Exactly my thoughts, I work at target so as soon as I got off work at 6am on friday I went over to the Electronics section, used my employee discount and my Redcard and got the camera for 85 bucks with tax. Absolutely fantastic deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2014 7:39:02 PM PST
My Mother purchased this camera for me from the Cyber Monday sale. It is so awesome. However I have a question you may be able to answer since it seems you know alot about cameras by your post.
How do I upload the videos. I have tried several times to upload them to my computer and also to facebook, any suggestions or advise would be awesome.
thanks so much.

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 2:06:09 PM PDT
A. Gulla says:
i also agree. i notice alot of people dumping point and click compact camera for this series of camera
‹ Previous 1 Next ›