Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by All is Bright Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 14, 2012
Let me start by saying that I am not always a Mo Willems fan. Yes, there are some books that I adore, but there are many that I feel are almost mass produced just for the paycheck. This book definitely falls into the category of ones I adore.

From cover to cover, I was laughing out loud. Literally, the covers have possible other titles, such as Goldilocks and the 3-for-1 special. Many of them are hilarious! I read this book at the library where I work, and I was laughing so much that my coworkers were looking at me like I was crazy.

So this is a retelling of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, obviously. What child isn't going to like a familiar story retold with dinosaurs? Some of the humor will probably be lost on small children, but that doesn't mean they won't like the story. That means you have a story that children will like and parents will be begging their children to listen to. In the story the dinosaurs "Went Someplace Else and were definitely not hiding in the woods waiting for an unsuspecting kid to come by." That right there pretty much sets the tone for the whole book.

I don't want to ruin much of this story's charm by telling you what happens. I just have to say, Goldilocks' face when she is done with the bowls of pudding is priceless. Also, make sure you look at the pictures closely, especially the posters. You should probably explain to your kids why the "We are natural gas" poster is so funny (they're dinosaurs... they're natural gas... get it?!) Definitely read this book.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?