83 of 92 people found the following review helpful
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: First Alert CO600 Plug In Carbon Monoxide Alarm , 120V Ac (Tools & Home Improvement)
I chose this alarm because it was the easiest to use. Just plug it in and that's it. I have a gas fireplace and was told that I needed a carbon monoxide detector. Plugged into a regular outlet, it has a dim light to let you know that it's working and you can test the monitor at any time to make sure it's "alarmed." Hopefully, I'll never have to see how well the monitor works in an emergency but I feel safer knowing that I have one.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2013, 4:29:06 PM PDT
Bobby Torres says:
How high is your outlet, it appears that plug in outlets can only be useful if plugged in on an outlet that is over 5 ft. and not 2 feet closer to the ceiling.
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2015, 7:26:39 AM PDT
Carbon Monoxide is actually heavier than air unlike some other gases so its actually better for it to be lower to the ground.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›