BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on September 20, 2012
First of all, this is an awesome premise... except for the major issue of physics not working anymore. Here's a hint guys, if electricity (which is only the movement of electrons) no longer functions correctly then every living thing on the planet dies. But aside from that...

The characters, so far, seem a bit wooden. I allow for that, it's hard to introduce 5 major characters in just 43 minutes. I can live with it.

I have two issues with this show and there is some potential saving here. The first issue: is this going to be another mysterious MacGuffin show. That's what happened to Lost and Alias and it drove me insane. I don't mind strange artifacts or mysterious numbers, but give us some freaking closure. SPOILER ALERT: These dratted USB drives that can circumvent the laws of physics (or put it right back the way it was) is kind of silly.

The second issue is the 'romance story' that I keep hearing about with regards to this show. I don't mind a romance story, I even enjoy the occasional romantic comedy. But this is the blasted end of the world. I personally think it would be much more interesting to see how that little community survived those 15 years. But there may be flashbacks, which could be interesting. The issue I have with flashbacks, is that unless you have excellent writers and the whole series already worked out, then you run into continuity problems. And that just makes me even madder.

This concept has so much potential. What if there was an apocalypse? Not necessarily zombies or meteor impact, but something that wasn't understood by everyone. Just all of a sudden the world stopped. What would people do? That's a pretty interesting story and I hope we get some of it.

So, I give this 3 stars. I'm willing to give it a shot just because of the premise, but I'm not going to sink years into this like Alias and Lost.
1515 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?