Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 6, 2010
We bought this as a half-birthday present for my six month old son. We live in a small house and don't have a whole lot of room for a ton of toys, so when we shop for him, we make an effort to find toys that will keep him busy for a long time without taking up too much space.

This set definitely fits the bill. It's small enough that I often carry it around in my backpack when we're out and about during the day. For him, it's really six toys in one-- he'll play with each of the foods individually, then play with the bag.

The foods themselves have a lot of play potential. My son is still at the stage where he mostly likes to chew on them, crinkle the crinkly bits, and whack things with the foods. But as he gets older, I expect he'll start exploring the objects a little more, starting to find things like the mirror in the milk container, the way the banana peels, etc.

The only thing I _don't_ like about the set: the material that covers the apple is a sort of nylon, and as my little guy chews on it, it's starting to look distinctly fuzzy. Still seems safe, but I'm surprised how worn it looks after relatively little play. (This is not a problem with the other foods, though, which all still look great.)

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it for a 6 month old, and I think a 1 year old would still have fun with it as well.
0Comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?