Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been a very loyal Logitech user for years and when this combination keyboard and mouse became available I was quite enthusiastic. After giving it a good go over and quite a bit of use since I installed them, I have to state that my preference for this company's various products was quite well reinforced. I love this mouse and keyboard!
This set includes the MK520 wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. I must admit to have cheated a bit here as I have been using this particular mouse on a lap top for some time now and have been delighted with it.

This is a basic keyboard and basic mouse. Now both are rather personal items and each person will have there own likes and dislikes when it comes to a product such as this. This is about the fifth Logitech keyboard I have owned so I was an am quite use to it. (The demise of the others is a long sad story).

Installation of this keyboard and mouse was a snap and took me all of fifteen minutes; and it must be remembered that I am a complexly inept as such things. Batteries are already installed in both items and basically all you have to do is plug the small receiver into the USB jack, and after my Windows XP did it's installation thing, I was ready go to...it could not have been simpler. I did not use, or have a need to use the cord that you can use on your USB as it simply was not needed with my particular set up.

The keyboard is quite attractive; black in color with an almost glasslike finish around the keys. It is smooth and extremely quiet. It features the standard keys; both alphabetical and the number keyboard to the right side. It also has a row of quick start keys at the top, most of which I have absolutely no use for but can see where others would find them useful. I do like the calculator key as it pops the windows calculator right up and I do use that quite a bit.

The mouse is a basic mouse and as one reviewer has mentioned already, it will be more comfortable with smaller hands than large. I have smaller hands so it is perfect for me. It has the left/right click functions and a scroll wheel. Now please take note! This mouse would not be suited for heavy duty gamers; it is nothing fancy. I use the ones my grandsons have on their computers every now and then, and to be quite frank, those things sort of scare me. I am pretty sure that if I made the wrong move, my hand would be vaporized for transported into another dimension. You just never know about stuff like that! No, this is a workhorse type of mouse which is quite functional for the everyday things I use it for...like my everyday mundane work. It is smooth, easy to operate and actually quite accurate. It works on just about any surface...within reason of course. (I just tried in on the carpet...works fine).

As has been pointed out by others, the instruction booklet that comes with this package is next to worthless and I should think that a company that turned out such nice products would stick a written piece of junk like this in.... you would think they would make a bit of an effort in this area...go figure.

As to the battery life: They claim that the battery life of the keyboard is up to three years and for the mouse one year. I do not know about that as I have not had this thing that long. I do know that the mouse I have on my lap top...the same model as included here, has lasted at least 7 months now and is still going strong. Both mouse and keyboard go into sleep mode when not in use but start instantly at first touch.

Looking at the price here, it seems to me that you are getting quite a lot of very good and functional equipment for very few dollars.

I wish I had had this combination when I had my pet pig Homer. Homer was a very well trained, housebroken, house pig with very good manners; when all is said and done. I go barefooted when I am in the house even in the winter, and Homer use to lie under my computer desk and I would rest and warm my feet on him. Homer had one flaw to his character (well, actually two), the first being that be loved to bite mouse and keyboard cords. He did in three of mine. He could slice them cleaner than a wire cutter could. No matter how I tried to hide and configure my cords, he would figure it out and cut them. This says more about my intelligence than it does his, I suppose. I was willing to put up with it but Homer made the mistake of wondering into my wife's office one weekend while she was out of town, and doing her cords in. It was the same fall weekend that he found, rooted up and ate over 700 crocus bulbs she had just planted in the yard. Homer was banished to the barn...

Anyway, this keyboard and mouse are a great combination. With the exception of the instruction booklet, I have absolutely nothing but good to say about them.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
1414 comments| 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.