December 3, 2014
This Rapala rod rack is great, easy to install and very secure.

This rack comes in two pieces; the top and the bottom. The bottom of course has 6 individual seats for the butt of each rod and it looks like it should be able to accommodate deep sea heavy rods. The top portion has 6 locking mechanisms. At first, I thought it would be too strong for one of my ultra light rods, but it actually is perfect. It locks tight and rods can easily be removed with one hand.

The Installation
Although no installation manual was provided, it's pretty self explanatory. The bottom piece has the seats. The top has the locking mechanism. Face it so the words Rapala is right side up for both.

I would recommend mounting the bottom first as you would want to put your rods on to find the perfect height for the top piece. I say this because you don't want the locking mechanism to go over where one of your guides are.

To mount, you'll just need a power drill, mallet and screw driver. Rapala includes 8 dry wall screws and 8 screws that seem to be enough.

Sugguestion
I'm sure you guys will be smarter than me and use a stud finder, but if you lack basic building skills, I would suggest using one.

Would I recommend this to a friend?
Heck yeah! I already showed it off to my fishing buddies who don't have rack holders and told me to just build one out of PVC pipes. After they saw it and heard the price, they were definitely envious. I might even considering getting these as gifts since they're super functional and not expensive at all.

**** UPDATE ***
They're still awesome. I might need a second set soon.. makes rod storage wayyyyyyyy too simple. A MUST for anybody who has a fishing addiction.

If you found this review helpful, please click the HELPFUL button below. Thank you!
review imagereview imagereview image