Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon June 20, 2006
I looked at this gun based on the journal of light constuction reviews I read july 06 issue. They liked the last nail capture feature and I must admit that this was my only complaint with my porter cable gun. So I bought one localy (same price as amazon with a case so it made up for the tax) and have done 3 roofs of about 20 squares each and really like it. I have seen lots of fusing on here about this and that but I muat say that if a tool was giving me this much fuse I would bring it in and see what the repair shop says. When I have had problems in the past our local reapir shop was able to get us a new gun, drill, or exstend our warranty with factory approval. I guess the second question is how much do you beat on your tools?...I tether not only my ladders and my self but my espensive tools too....nothing screws with a gun more than a three story drop. Well enough rambling...for the money an excellent gun...I still use my porter cable for a spare gun when we have an extra guy on the roof so I can't really bad mouth them...but if your banging out 5 or 6 squares a day by yourself 30 plus coils with our 12 pitch roof you appreciate the nail capture, easy load, and weight of this gun.

update: after a year this gun needed a rebuild because the nailes stopped advancing...and we bought the new portable cable while waiting for it to came back from the shop...we still prefer the Bos for its features but I will say the porter cables are more durable ....
0Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?