November 21, 2012
I was given this book by the publisher for an honest review.

The Cracked Slipper is a fairy tale twist (my favorites, it seems) on Cinderella. In this book, we pick up where the handsome prince finds Cinderella (Eleanor) and they are about to be wed. Everything from that point on is different, though.

I have to say, I loved this book. Each character was so well written and each scene was thoughtfully created. In this tale, animals can talk, unicorns are read, and fairies are jerks. Outside of the fantastic world-building, there is a beautiful love story wrapped up in tragedy.
I don't want to give it away, but the book left me guessing, and that is right up to the last page. I honestly thought it would have ended differently.

It was bittersweet and lovely, from start to finish.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink