Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 27, 2013
The best thing about the Electrohome Retro Hi-Fi System is look and ease of use of this product. It is great to be able to play records, CD's, and the radio on one device. If you want to you can also connect a computer or IPod through the USB port. Overall the piece looks great. We have a 1950's home and it fits right in. My only complaint about the look is the blue LCD display. It would look more retro if it were orange or gold IMO. While it is a sturdy piece it is not too heavy or bulky to move easily from one room to another.

My biggest negative complaint is regarding the return policy by the shipper. Since you are not buying from Amazon but through Amazon Marketplace you are at the mercy of the vendor's return policy. We received a unit that has a lot of "noise" when you play the CD player. It is especially noticeable at lower volume levels. It sounds like static and it is annoying. I spoke with customer service (e chat) immediately upon unpacking and trying the unit out. They tried to troubleshoot to no avail. Ultimately they gave me an authorization number to return it for a replacement, but, here's the catch I must pay shipping AND pay to have it insured AND if the replacement unit is also faulty that's my problem. We made the decision to keep the unit rather than pay money for an insured return and then be stuck with another faulty unit.

I would NOT recommend buying this unit online. I like it enough that I wish I bought it through a store where I could just return it to the store for a new one. Now I'm out the money for a faulty device.
44 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?