BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

on December 12, 2002
I am a HUGE Suzanne Brockmann fan. I have every book she's written (save for one that I *sigh* can't find) but this book was a little on the lack-luster side. Typically, I buy her books and have them read by the end of the night. This one, I let sit for a few days. Once I sat down to read it, I did do it in one sitting, but not with the same fire as I did with her other books.
Mike and Joan were a very good couple. I really liked Joan's character. She was witty, strong and not a rail, but I felt like something was missing. Or more to the point....this story was a set-up for Sam, Alyssa and Mary Lou's story. I am not a fan of the WWII sub-plots and this one really did have me skipping over it and since it really wasn't an integral part of the story, I didn't feel I missed much by skipping these pages.
While I am def. waiting for Sam and Alyssa's story, I am ready for Suz to move on. Her single title "Heart Throb" was an excellent single title and while I LOVE the SEALs, I am ready for soemthing else. I am still looking forward to Wes' story in the TD&D series and my first love is the alpha squad, but I'm ready for Suz to expand her focus.
I def. recommend this book. It's by Suz! LOL, but don't let this be your first Suz book....
What's this?