BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 3, 2011
This book should come with a warning, "beware reading in public." Most of my reading is done in restaurants, and I got some strange looks as I alternately laughed out loud and got tears in my eyes. I was very impressed after reading the first book in this series, A Modern Witch, but this book was even better. Most of the characters from the first book make an appearance in this book, and I enjoyed seeing how their lives were progressing. One of my favorite aspects of the book was the character development that the people experienced. Too often in books (especially series books) it seems that the people just keep going along making the same mistakes and never seem to learn anything new about themselves or "evolve." But the author has done a wonderful job of showing the development of the characters and how they change to become better people through their experiences.

I tried to read the book slowly, knowing that I would have to wait for the next book in the series once I finished it. But it wasn't possible, as I got caught up in the story and couldn't wait to see what happened next. The author is one of the fastest I've seen at putting out new books, but part of me still wishes that she could be even faster so I could continue on in the journey. I don't know how she manages to put out such a high quality product in such a short time; she is truly a very talented woman. This is one of the best books that I have read in a while, and I'm waiting anxiously to see what wonderful things happen in the next installment.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink