Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 18, 2011
I've owned smart phones and other tablets, all of which I've applied some sort of screen protector to. I've never had a problem in the past. I didn't have good luck with this one however. The application of it was a bit confusing for me. I think they could have made the process and instructions more simple. The instructions do a bad job explaining the installation method, which they attempt to convey through 3 drawings on the back of the packaging with little to no explanation of the steps. I might not be the brightest bulb, though... there are two pieces of plastic stuck together with tabs indicating front and back. The idea is that you pull apart the two pieces and begin the application of the adhesive part of the plastic to the top of your device as you slowly press out the air bubbles while simultaneously pealing back the plastic backing piece. Once you're at the bottom of the device, the protector is applied and the backing piece is completely separated.

After figuring out how to apply the protector, the next problem I had was that the small plastic "tool" they give you (which basically looks like the plastic fastener you find on bread bags) to press out air bubbles as you apply actually scratches the screen protector. And, when it's all said and done, the screen protector has tons of tiny air bubbles anyway. I went through the application process a couple of times to see if reapplying would make any difference, and it only got worse. I tried leaving the screen protector on there for a few hours hoping regular use would work out the air bubbles but they just wouldn't go away and the scratches left from the application of the screen protector also added to my dissatisfaction. I ended up just peeling it off and throwing it away.

The good news is, you get two of the screen protectors so I still have another one in case I want to attempt it again sometime... but I probably won't. I am happy, however, with the screen cleaning cloth that these came with. I use that on the screen and it keeps my Fire looking great.

I wouldn't waste your money on this one.
23 people found this helpful