Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on February 3, 2012
Ok,.... This is a sequel book about a supporting character from 'The Woman he Married'. I didn't read book two and still understood everything that happened so it reads great as a stand alone novel.

I really grew to love the characters. At first Holly was someone that I thought I was going to hate. She was a socialite before her husband died last year and she seemed really obsessed with the clothes that she wore and her manners to appear as the perfect southern belle. As I read more and got to see into her thoughts and insecurities I was really moved by her. She was struggling through life and she used outwards perfection as a coping mechanism. She is a great mother that truly wants the best for her girls and will do anything she can for them.

Brian, at first, seemed to be a rich, successful attorney, playboy that was ok with using and leaving any girl that came along. He was still stuck on his college sweetheart and was constantly comparing all women to her and making sure they fell short. But as with Holly the more I got to see into his thoughts I became to love him. He was unsure of himself and was constantly second-guessing this feelings for Holly.

There is some action and some fight scenes with Brian (he is a black belt in Karate and it comes in handy). There is also romance, which in my opinion any good book should have romance. Julie Ford did a great job of conveying passion but not using smut. (thank you!) There were times that I was frustrated at Brian and Holly and just wanting to sit them down and tell them that they really do love each other so just move on and kiss already but I know that real love is complicated and there was enough humor in this story that I was soon laughing and forgetting my frustration.

This is definitely a story that I can share with friends and family. Great read!!

To see this and other reviews visit [...]
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink