on June 20, 2014
I picked up this book because I read the word "programmer" in the blurb. Being a computer science major myself and a "geek" myself I love to read sci-fi fantasy books where the main character is a geek, a nerd, or a computer science person. I might just "geek out" a little when reading references to computers and programmers or "geek" pop culture.

All of this being said my geek side was slightly disappointed with the programming and the description of the game. There wasn't really anything. I think the "Truth Seekers" game was a fantasy virtual reality game... but I'm not really sure. Most of the story was more focused on what was going on in the real world of the book. And, once I got past my minor disappointment that the book didn't really expand on the virtual world, I found myself really enjoying the story. The plot was interesting and kept me guessing.

The twists in the book were amazing. I was completely caught off guard by the first one, and later ones still managed to surprise me. I found myself really enjoying this book.

I did have trouble figuring out exactly who was the main character at the beginning. That is why I rated this book as only four stars. Once I figured out who the main character was I enjoyed reading her perspective.

And the "geek" in me was satisfied every time a computer was messed with and by the very occupation of the main characters. The main characters are computer programmers after all, and I can't help but love main characters that are programmers.

This is very much a blend of sci-fi fantasy. It is not for any hardcore science fiction readers as it is much closer to being fantasy set in the modern day world.

I enjoyed the book and recommend it for anyone that likes an modern books with a flair for the paranormal.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and AR Publishing in return for an honest review.
16 people found this helpful