Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 18, 2012
I was excited to find these. They were priced right and they hit that sweet spot between an oxford and a tennis shoe that make them nice enough to wear at a (business casual) office, but not so dressy that I can't walk to work or wear them on the weekends. The chocolate nubuck ones also exactly matched the color of the shoes I was replacing - brown, but a dusty looking sort of brown that goes with lots. And all those positive reviews! Of course I bought them.

When I first put them on, they weren't exactly a delight on my feet, but they weren't uncomfortable either. The soles are thick enough to provide some protection but not so thick that I can't feel what I'm walking on. They weren't as springy as some walking shoes I've owned, but they offered at least a little bounce. They weren't as airy as some shoes, but I didn't overheat in the first five minutes either. (I guess the true test will come next summer, huh?) They seem to be well-made, and like I said, they're attractive shoes with just the right level of casualness.

So "good enough," I thought, and I wore them on my walk to work. I was satisfied for a while...and then the pain crept up. Not pain in my feet, though. Or even in my back. No, they gave me shin splints. Both legs. My feet aren't deformed and I'm not overweight. I have normal arches and have never needed orthopedic shoes or insoles or anything before, so I almost didn't believe they were the shoes despite that being the obvious conclusion to draw. All I can figure is that there's something subtle in them that makes me walk just a little...off. I've never had a pair of shoes do that to me before.

I bought a $10 pair of orthotic insoles and the relief was instantaneous. So I'm keeping the shoes and I still like how they look; I'm just a little peeved at needing to buy something extra to be able to wear them without crippling myself.
11 comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.