Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on October 22, 2011
I own a quite a few 3D movies, so perhaps my expectations were too high, but despite some stellar reviews on the 3D on this product by some other reviewers, I have to tell you the quality is FAR less than made-for-3D movies such as Despicable Me.

Do you remember those "3D" games/cartoons where the "3D" effect as you were supposedly either walking, or in a car, going along the road was the part closest to you moved slow, then there was a part in the middle that moved a bit faster, and then the part near the top of the screen moved the fastest? This is only a step above that. It is more like layered 2D images than true 3D. Yes, there are a few parts where true 3D is apparent, but those are few and far between.

Sorry, I can't help but think that some of the people have either let their love of the movie color their perception of what good 3D looks like, or they simply do not have many 3D movies to compare to.

I actually found the 2D blu-ray disc, or even the regular dvd more appealing, or at least less distracting. One thing I noticed in all three versions that I didn't notice before was that the grass in the movie doesn't move when the animals walk through it. Although I didn't pick up on this when I saw the movie when it first came out, it was one of the things that was painfully apparent in the 3D, and far less apparent in the 2D versions.

And, yes, I know there are people that will disagree with me and mark my review as "not helpful", but I have to call it as I see it.
77 comments| 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.